Material: masonry, weatherboard, plywood, recycled timber
Location: Macedon Shire
Le Cavage is a private agricultural concern specializing in boutique produce in the Macedon Sire.
We were commissioned to create a modern yet complimentary addition to an existing weatherboard farm house, which would fit in with the landscape and be as energy efficient as possible.
The design features a dramatic roof that has a number of sweeping skillions pitched at different angles in homage to the dominant presence of Mount Macedon to the south. Under the largest roof there is an integrated outdoor living space which opens off the kitchen via a wall of glass bi-folds.
- Reverse brick veneer construction,
- Optimal north facing glass,
- Internal thermal mass wall for heat storage and spatial seperation of living areas from bedroom wing,
- Sheltered outdoor living space integrated under main roof for versatile year round use,
- Clerestory window to provide north sunlight to the Dining area on the south of the building,
- Double-sided wood heater,
- Walk-in cool room pantry,
- Upgraded stud walls and raking roof trusses to accommodate higher level of insulation.